3dengfx - realtime visualization system
This is a non-exhaustive feature-list of 3dengfx, just to give you an
idea of what this library can do.
Where there is a [code] link, it means that you can see a
snall code fragment demonstrating how to use that feature.
Rendering and Special Effects
- Automatic reflections through auto-generated, or pre-stored cubemaps.
- Dynamic shadow generation using the shadow volume algorithm. [code]
- Advanced particle systems, with custom text-based particle system definition file format.
- Support for OpenGL 2.0 Shading Language shaders (GLSL).
Geometry and Scene Management
- Volumetric data polygonization using the marching cubes algorithm.
- Loading of full 3d environments with lights, cameras, materials, and animation, from 3ds files [code].
- Loading of geometry from ply files.
- Mesh generation for standard primitives, fractal landscapes, and Utah teapots :)
- Frustum culling is performed automatically on all scenes.
- Each object, camera, or light, can be given a time-based keyframe track, function-based controller, or spline path to follow.
- Hierarchical animation, works with all of the available animation methods.
Textures and Images
- Texture loading through a build-in image loading/saving library for jpeg, png, tga, and ppm files.
- Image processing library.
- Constant rate frame output to disk, for capturing a 3D animation to video.
- Antialiased text rendering with FreeType 2.
- Can be compiled to use either the native windowing system (X11/Win32), SDL, GLUT, or GTK+ (experimental)
- Full mathematics library with vectors, matrices, quaternions, numerical integration, and cubic spline interpolation facilities.
- Real-time sequence scripting system, with post-processing capabilities, perfect for real-time demos.